1 bag Original RightRice
2 Tbsp duck fat
1/3 cup leeks, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp thyme, leaves only
3 chicken livers
1 1/3 cup reserved braising liquid [reserved from braising chicken thighs]
Zest of 1 lemon
Kosher salt, to taste
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
2 egg yolks
Crispy chicken skin
2 Braised chicken thighs
Braised Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
2 chicken thighs, skin off
3 cloves of garlic, cracked
1 bunch thyme
1 bay leaf
2 quarts chicken stock
Salt & pepper
Confit Giblets Ingredients:
1 cup duck fat
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
1 branch thyme
1 cup trimmed giblets (hearts & gizzards)
Braised Chicken Thighs Method:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken thighs in a pan. Season with salt and pepper, then add the garlic, bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover with the stock and place in oven for 45 minutes, until the chicken thighs are cooked through and tender.
- Let the thighs cool in the stock overnight before using to help develop the flavor.
- Once chill remove from the braising liquid, strain and reserve the liquid for use in the Finanziera and pull apart chicken.
Confit Giblets Method:
- Preheat the over to 250°F.
- Add the giblets to a pan, season with salt and pepper then place the bay leaf, crushed garlic cloves, and thyme in the pan and cover with the warm duck fat.
- Place in the oven covered for 1.5 hours until tender.
- Cool overnight in the refrigerator before using this will help develop the flavor.
- Bring the reserved chicken stock to boil, add RightRice, leek, thyme, confit giblets & braised chicken thigh meat cover and let sit for 12 minutes.
- In a saute pan over high heat, add 1 Tbsp of duck fat and the seasoned chicken livers.
- Cook on one side for 3 minutes flip over and turn off the heat. Season the with salt, black pepper and lemon zest.
- Distribute the RightRice Finanziera among two bowls, making sure each bowl gets 2 livers. Finish with egg yolk in the center.
- Cover the yolk with the scallions, crumble the crispy chicken skin and grated truffle everywhere, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.